SAVE AN ANGEL

I’m not the type of person who would shed tears right away on a drama series I watch on TV or even in the movies.  I can hold on to my emotions.  But for some reasons, my heart breaks every time I see someone (especially children) who struggles with pain (physically and mentally) in real life.  I wish I could do something to ease his/her pain.  What could I offer for them?  Yup, I can offer prayers!  Yet at the back of my mind (while saying a little prayer), I wish I could do more.

So in my own little way, I give donations to those in need.  Like when one of my grade 7 students got sick and needed to stay in the hospital, in my own little way I give my share of donations to help the child; just like any other being would do.  But is this all I can do to help this child? 

Knowing the present condition of my student, it breaks my heart so much coz somehow I know that’s all I can do coz of my limited resources.  With all my heart, I want to help my student get better.  My student’s name is Erinez.  She’s the type of student any teacher would love.  Shy but would try her best to participate in class, responsible and a good leader to her classmates, industrious and diligent.  She’s one of the top students in her class.  She never missed class ‘til her health condition suddenly changed last November 2014.  At first, her doctor told her that she has severe UTI and it weakened her kidney.  For a month she missed school.  When she gained her strength a little, she was back attending her classes with enthusiasm.  But as a teacher and a mother, I observed that there’s something else she’s suffering.  She looked different, pale, and skinny and I noticed that her tummy had grown bigger.  When I asked how she is, she said “Ok po ako Mam!”   You see, she tried to still look strong.  But I know deep inside she’s suffering.  I tried to talk to her mother about my observations.  I asked the mother to consult other doctors about Erinez’s health condition.  A week after that talk (2nd week of February 2015), Erinez was back in the hospital for series of laboratory works.  She missed her classes again and never got the chance to go back in school to finish the rest of the SY 2014-20215.  Her condition got worsened.  She couldn’t stay long in the hospital coz her family is financially struggling.

As days passed she weakens.  You see, Erinez is suffering from a heart ailment called Constrictive pericarditis  which affects her tummy to grow bigger each passing time.  The mother said that she needs an operation.  Yet she’s not having it coz her family doesn’t have any financial resources.

Erinez (right, front row) with her classmates before she got sick.

Erinez  (center)

Erinez now (Her mother is distributing flyers to ask for help.)
All I can do, in my own little way, is to donate a few, just like the others.  Just like the others… and I realized, with our little ways of help put together we can SAVE AN ANGEL!  Please help me save my student, Erinez.  It doesn’t matter how big or small, any help means a lot to SAVE AN ANGEL.

You may send your help through her mother which  is indicated in the flyer: Mrs. Tablan (+6329218219133 or +6329283592103)  or thru me (my contact number is +632917891441).

No comments:

Post a Comment