Visita Iglesia in Laguna

Visiting several churches during Lenten Season is a tradition here in the Philippines. But I grew up not doing it with my family. I don’t know why and I didn’t bother asking my parents about it. Now that I have my own family, I made sure that my family will have this tradition.

We started our Visita Iglesia last 2008 (when the kids were big enough to endure long walk and travel). Since then on, we keep the tradition every year. I make sure that the churches we would visit each year would be our first time visits, so there’s always excitement.

For this year, we had our Visita Iglesia in Laguna loop. Planning of the itineraries was challenging. We checked all the churches on the direction (Rizal Province – Laguna) we would be taking. It was our first trip going to unfamiliar destination. My husband and I studied thoroughly the map we got from the internet. Believe me, maps are just easy when you read it; but it is rather complicated once you are in the actual place. We stopped several times just to confirm that we were on the right route.

Our trip had a total of 233 km (from Taytay, Rizal to our last destination, Rizal, Laguna).  And Kudos to my Lovey Dovey!  We never actually got lost.
Our first time visit to all these churches. 1. Nuestra Señora de los Angeles Parish Church, Sta.Maria, Laguna
2. Nuestra Señora de Candelaria Parish Church, Mabitac, Laguna
3. St. Peter & St. Paul Parish Church, Siniloan, Laguna
4. St. Peter of Alcantara Parish Church, Pakil, Laguna
5. St. James The Apostle Parish Church, Paete, Laguna
6. St. John The Baptist Parish Church, Longos, Laguna
7. Church of Mary Magdalene, Magdalena, Laguna
8. Saint John The Baptist Parish Church, Liliw, Laguna
9. St. Gregory The Great Parish Church, Majayjay, Laguna
10. St. Bartholomew The Apostle Parish Church, Nagcarlan, Laguna.

Thank God no road mishaps!  We managed to visit not just 7 churches but 10 + 1.  Our last stop was in Rizal, Laguna to meet up my bff who lives there.

It was a long trip indeed but it was worth the trip!




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am preparing for an itinerary of our Visita Iglesia on 18th and I found your blog which has the list of churches we are planning to visit (churches from 4 to 10 of the list). I am hoping if you could help me, as I am kinda lost in what church to visit first and then next and also, where to eat. I hope to hear from you. Thank you and God bless. Please e-mail me at zette18@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzette! I know it's too late now to help you. I'm very sorry but it's only today that I've read your comment. :(
      Btw, thank you for reading my blog.

      Delete